Exercises to Help Release Pain and Tightness in the Neck and Shoulder Area
The pain in the neck and shoulders is no longer strange to us, especially office people when they have to work for many hours in front of the computer.
Today, let’s join Fitness Source to spend a little time on the following exercises to get rid of fatigue and muscle tension in the shoulder area, helping you to increase your work performance every day.
1. Needle thread pose
- Start in a crawling position with your hands and knees touching the floor. Bring your right hand to the ceiling, palm facing out.
- Lower your arms, bring them below your chest, and thread them over the left side of your body, palms up.
- Keep your left hand on the floor for support, lift it toward the ceiling, or bring your left hand inside your right thigh.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
- Relax into the baby’s pose before repeating the movement on the left side.
2. Downward Facing Dog
- Start in a crawling position with your hands and knees touching the floor. Put force into your hands and lift your hips.
- Keep your knees slightly bent as you distribute the force to both arms and legs.
- Keep your spine straight, head toward your feet, so your shoulders will be over your head.
- Hold this pose for 1 minute.
3. Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
- Sit up straight, arms extended to the sides.
- Cross your elbows in front of your body, so your right arm is up.
- Bend your elbows while placing the backs of your elbows together.
- Hold the pose for 15 seconds.
- As you exhale, pull your elbows in front of your chest and roll your spine.
- As you inhale, expand your chest and raise your arms in front of your chest.
- Repeat the movement for 1 minute.
- Do the same with the other side.